President Hetika Shah
Hetika Shah (’15) is an Early/Elementary/Special Education and Sociology major who has served on Student Government since her freshmen year. She joined SG to experience something new and had never done Student Government in high school, so she thought to give it a try in college. Hetika saw how much of an impact Student Government had on Drew’s campus and knew that if she stayed, she could make a difference.
Hetika believes her best accomplishment at Drew is becoming Student Government president. She believes being elected by her fellow classmates has been a life changing experience and the idea that people she may not speak to on a regular basis support her because they trust that she can help them has been the most motivating part of it all.
- Favorite thing about Drew: the people. We have a powerful amount of students with awe-inspiring talents. We have the BEST faculty and our administrators go above and beyond to make every students’ experience outstanding.
- Favorite food: Hetika loves anything as long as it is vegetarian. She loves to eat! But overall if she had to choose, it would be pizza, french fries or spaghetti.
- Her favorite movie is freedom writers.
Favorite quote: “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” ~Ernestine Ulmer
Vice President Dylan Bates Jones
Dylan Bates Jones (’15) is an Economics and Political Science major. He joined SG to make a positive impact for the Drew Community and is committed to representing the students to the best of his ability. During his time at Drew, Dylan has been recommended by the VP of Students and has been appointed by the President to the Drew2017 Steering Committee. In addition, he has worked as an intern in the Finance Department under the CFO/VP of Finance.
- Favorite thing about Drew: Small, close-knit community of students.
- Pet Peeve: when people snap their gum
- Favorite food: Chicken Parmesan
- Favorite movie: Pulp Fiction
Favorite quote: “All models are wrong, but some are useful.” ~ George Box
Chief of Staff Aaron Arias
Aaron Arias (’16) is a double major in Political Science and Sociology. He joined Student Government to make a difference within Drew’s community. Aaron’s best accomplishment at Drew has been being elected President of the Rugby Team.
- Favorite thing about Drew: the campus during the impeccably beautiful weather
- Pet peeve: Inconsiderate people
- Favorite foods: Rice, beans, pulled pork, and sweet plantains
- Favorite movie: Fight Club
- Favorite book: Ender’s Game
Favorite quote: “Play smart, not hard”.
Attorney General Michael Pellessier
Michael Pellessier (’15) is a Business studies major and photography minor. He joined Student Government because he wanted to be able to have a say in things that happen throughout campus. In addition, Michael joined to help bridge the gap between SG and UPB and squash the negativity that there once use to be.
- Favorite thing about Drew: The campus in whole! He appreciates how small the school is and how there is so much for anyone to do. Being from the state of Washington, he unfortunately can’t go home every weekend, so it’s nice that there’s something going on all the time.
- Pet peeve: When people clip their nails in bed, or at a desk while he is taking a test (yes, that has happened!)
- Favorite Animal: Otters, although he has never had one!
- Favorite food: A nice Belgian Waffle, preferably one fresh from Belgium!
- Favorite movie: Elf, but only during the holidays!
- Favorite book: The Great Gatsby
Favorite Quote: “Cherish your yesterdays, dream your tomorrows, but live your todays.
Tomorrow belongs to those who fully use today.”
Budget & Appropriations Chair Raphael Tshitoko
Raphael Tshitoko (’15) is a English major and Business studies minor. Ralph’s best accomplishment at Drew has been both being in “A Raisin in the Sun” and being a summer college mentor and he joined SG to be of service to his peers.
- Favorite thing about Drew: the community that he has been given
- Pet Peeve: People being inconsiderate
- Favorite Food: Anything barbecued and chocolate
- Favorite Book: Lucas by Kevin Brooks
- Favorite Movie: Friday Night Lights
Favorite Quote: “If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” – T.S. Eliot
Student Organization Advisory Board Chair Michael Gualtieri
Michael Vincent Gualtieri (’16) is a Business and Computer Science Major.
Michael believes that when he is a senior, his greatest achievement thus far at Drew will have been changing Drew for the better through Student Government. As of now, the accomplishment he is most proud of is becoming a Resident Assistant.
He joined Student Government on a whim and has stayed in SG because he wanted to make the community and campus an even more exceptional place.
- Pets: his dream pet is a hedgehog but, for now his dogs names are Samuel and Edward!
- Pet Peeve: People who use literally wrong. He believes that they literally changed the literal definition of literally in the dictionary so it literally means literally and figuratively now, but it still literally makes him want to pull his hair out.
- Favourite Food: Chicken Cutlets
- Favourite Book: He does not technically have one. Instead he reads boring (fascinating) things like biographies on presidents and whatnot.
- Favourite Movie: Rocky 1, 2 and Rocky Balboa
Favorite Quote: “The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place. And I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there if you let it. You me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you can hit, it’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward.”
Executive Secretary Michelle Mensah
Michelle Mensah (’16) is a Psychology major and a public health and neuroscience minor.
She joined Student Government because she wanted a change of scenery. Since being on Student Government, Michelle has really enjoyed making a difference on campus and hopes to accomplish more before her senior year.
- Favorite thing about Drew: Always the chipmunks, sometimes the deer
- Pets: Her spirit animal is a narwhal and her dream pet is a Pug
- Pet peeve: Blatant arrogance and hypocrisy
- Favorite food: Ideally, anything spicy or fried plantains with Shitor (pepper sauce), grinded peppers, yam and meat
- Favorite movie: V for Vendetta
Favorite Quote: “A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?” ~ Albert Einstein